The word “doula” comes from ancient Greek, meaning “Woman’s servant.” For thousands of years throughout history and in much of the world today, doulas support families through labor and birth, providing continuous emotional, informational and physical support from pregnancy to the postpartum time. We ensure that you feel comfortable and confident throughout this process -- to be heard, felt, and compassionately cared for as you welcome new life into your family.
• A free consultation for us to get to know one another and see if we are a fit for each other. We always tell our perspective clients to choose the doula(s) they feel most comfortable with. We will be spending a lot of intimate time together.
• 1-2 prenatal visits in your home to prepare for the big day, infant feeding and immediate postpartum period.
• Your doula will be officially on call for you 24/7 from the time you are 37 weeks, but are always available via email or phone if you need anything at anytime beforehand.
• We will join you when you are in labor and ready for support and stay with you until your baby is born, and then 1-2 hours after (or until you are settled and comfortable). During this time we can offer breastfeeding support for the first latch, and always make sure you and your partner have a tasty meal.
• A postpartum visit in your home (or place of birth) anytime between 2 days and 2 weeks after your baby is born.
DOULA package + Prenatal care + POSTPARTUM CARE
- Doula Services Package
- 2 Prenatal Sessions with any practitioner from MINKA's team
- 4 hours of postpartum care from one of our Postpartum Doulas
- 6 months of postpartum/lactation support via weekly new mama circle @ MINKA
- Self-Care package- items from the Earth to support your pregnancy